Thursday 12 January 2012

Roles


Music Students

Within this module we are doing a news package and within Dave Gee’s Lesson we are designing the VT that goes into the news package, our VT will be about the music students that are coming to practice for the January Practical.

My Main role within this VT is to be a Director as I feel I am most efficient within this role, in this role I will be supervising the visual content and deciding how the film will be shot, and manage the creative side of this production.  I feel with the knowledge and experience I have on shoots and because of previously doing similar productions I feel I can be the best in this role.

So with regards to the feel of the show and how the VT was shot was all up to me and this is where i put my knowledge from previous projects into context. I decided with my collegues that we should do a behind the scenes camera to help us have the cut aways we needed to give the VT some bulk. I used my DSLR on a Fig rig and got Fred and Matty to film what was happening on the floor and the control room, This when cut with the interviews made the feel of a  VT as the interviewee was talking about how the practice shoots went and then we cut it so taht it showed what he was talking about.

The other role i under took when we was making this VT was the role of Editor, the reason why i did this role is because at the time i was editing for a competition for the BBC and the other people in my group liked how i edited and thought it would be wise if i edited for the VT too, and also i do enjoy editing as i feel like i can make the VT how i want to make it. I used Final Cut pro to put all the footage together off my DSLR. I struggled a bit with the Titling but then i realized from previous projects that it was just as simple to use the presets already in Final Cut Pro, I used Font from Dafont.com to get a good font.

No comments:

Post a Comment